Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Another Long Catch-Up Post

I had sworn I wasn't going to do another one of these posts... But summer being summer, I have been busy enjoying myself and I am sorry to say that this blog got forgotten about for a few weeks. So, now that I am back, here's some photos to catch you up!
I made some dye with goldenrod to dye my other scarf yellow.

 It came out a pretty colour, but I don't think it is colourfast at all. If I wash this scarf, I am sure that I will lose all that yellow!
 Herbs are picked and drying from the garden.
 We went for a visit to Nakusp to see my sister and her family. While we were there, we had to check out Nakusp Medieval Days. I saw some people from my past, so it was very cool.
 The cousins got along remarkably well.
 We made homemade pizza with homemade mozzarella.
 These two are only 6 months apart in age.

 After Nakusp, we headed to the Okanagan to reunite with the whole family. I was having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures.
Once back at home, it was time to harvest my wheat.

Our garden is full of produce right now and every dinner is chock-full of home-grown veggies.

On the weekend, Kesten and I got to check out the Vanderhoof Fall Fair. It was so much fun and such a treat to spend time with just the two of us. Kesten wanted a picture in front of every tractor.
These mini goats were adorable.
Oh silkies- you'll always be my favourite breed of chicken.
Kesten was very impressed by the Lego entries.
And everyone was impressed by these turkeys!
And that pretty much takes us to present. I can't believe there is only one week left in August!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! You have been busy! Such great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...