Thursday, January 6, 2011

Knitting! Cowichan Toque






I have been busy knitting up a toque (yes, that's right, a toque! Not a hat.) My sister sent me the link for a free Briggs and Little Country Roving Toque pattern (click here for their other free patterns). It knits up quick, in just a couple of hours and it is knit flat.
*Update 02/12/12: Unfortunately, it looks as the though the pattern is no longer free.*
I added a little pattern to it, just after the ribbing. You have 6 rows to work with, before the decreasing starts, to add in whatever pattern you want. My pattern only needs 5 rows. I will share the one I used.



It matches the Cowichan sweater I made this Fall. I don't know who is going to get to wear this one, me or my husband. Maybe we'll share it!




Hahaha, it is too much with the sweater though!

7 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I never heard the word Cowichan before. I guess I should google it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a place on Vancouver Island in Canada. The First Nations People there first made the style of sweater in the picture and they are now know as Cowichan sweaters.

      Delete
  2. I like this pattern and would like to make this toque but don't understand your picture/diagram. Is there any way you would be so kind as to type out a pattern. I am loving all of the other knitting projects that you have posted on your blog (you seem so crafty and are very inspirational). I can't wait to get started on all of them, as they will be great Christmas gifts!

    Thanks for sharing all you do!
    ~Mischa in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, Mischa. I was on holidays with limited internet access. I'm not sure how to type out a pattern like that. I would have to look into it. If you are on ravelry, you might want to consider asking for help on a forum. I will see what I can do, too.

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty new to knitting so some of the lingo doesn't make sense to me and I have to youtube a lot of things :) But I will look into ravelry.
    Thanks so much, hope you enjoyed your holiday!
    ~Mischa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is awesome, but the girl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...